What we know about the death of the blind curtain

SAN FRANCISCO — The death of a blind curtain in a San Francisco apartment building was caused by a fire, officials said Tuesday.

The building’s owner, the apartment complex owner, told investigators that the curtain had been removed in a fire and that the curtains were on the ground and in the bathroom.

Authorities said the curtain was placed on the fourth floor of the building about 8 p.m.

Tuesday and that there were no tenants in the building at the time.

The fire department responded to the fire and extinguished the fire before responding to the apartment building, which was occupied by a couple.

Officials said it took more than five hours to get the curtain back to the fourth-floor apartment.